1. Always use a
rear-facing infant car seat placed in the center of the back seat.
2. Never leave a baby alone with a young sibling
or a pet.
3. Be sure that your baby's crib is safe. The slats should be no more than 2 3/8 inches (60 mm) apart; the
mattress should be firm and fit snugly into the crib. Keep the sides of the crib raised.
4. Put your baby to sleep
on her back or side; advise your relatives and child care providers to do the same. For healthy babies, back sleeping is preferred
and reduces the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
5. Do not use soft bedding (blankets, comforters, quilts,
pillows), soft toys, or toys with loops or string cords.
6. Never leave your baby alone in a tub or on a high place,
such as a changing table, bed or sofa.
7. Wash your hands frequently, especially after diaper changes and before feeding
8. Set hot water thermostat at less than 120 degrees F.
9. Insist on a smoke-free environment for
your baby, in the house and car too!
10. Make sure smoke detectors are in place and working.
11. If your home
uses gas appliances, install and maintain carbon monoxide detectors.
12. Avoid sun exposure to baby's tender skin.
For more information visit:
Kids Growth.Com: 2 Weeks Old!
Bright Futures.Org: 2 Weeks Old!